Our Doctrinal Statement
- We believe the Bible, as it was originally given, is the inspired, infallible Word of God. It is the supreme authority in matters of Faith and Conduct.
- We believe in the sovereignty of God. He is Lord of creation, redemption, judgment, and the affairs of man.
- We believe that God has been revealed as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God. He was born of the Virgin Mary. He is Man and God in one.
- We believe man was created in the image of God. He disobeyed God and fell into sin. As a result, sin, condemnation, and judgment is passed upon all men.
- We believe that Jesus Christ died for our sins. Through His death we are freed from the guilt, the penalty, and the power of sin.
- We believe Christ was raised from the dead and is now our mediator before God the Father.
- We believe the Holy Spirit is the administrator of the affairs of God. His prime function is to glorify Jesus Christ in the believers.
- We believe that salvation is given by God in Grace. It is received by man through repentance and faith.
- We believe the church was established during the ministry of Christ. Christ is the head of the church. All born again people are in the body of Christ called the church, which is visibly seen as a local body of baptized believers. The church has two ordinances, baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
- We believe baptism symbolizes the death, burial and resurrection of Christ. The mode of baptism is immersion and is administered only to those who are born again.
- We believe the Lord’s Supper is a memorial of Christ’s death. Baptized believers are to be in fellowship with God and one another in order to receive the Lord’s Supper.
- We believe the Great Commission of the church to share the Gospel of Christ with the world, baptize them and teach the Word of God in such a way that the believers will grow to mature followers of Christ.
- We believe that God calls His people and equips them to do his work.
- We believe we are called to do partnership evangelism. To this end we are committed.
Adopted by the Board of Directors of International Commission–April 1984.